Saturday, June 27, 2009

Not Hideous, maybe.


I promised photos of the cake. It didn't turn out like I had pictured in my head, but it isn't all that hideous.
I know it will be tasty, and I know E3 will enjoy it.
It is a two-layer 9x13 cake, one layer is vanilla, one is chocolate. There in another half layer for the "hill". All of it is covered in chocolate frosting and crushed cookies. Cake ball (same method as link, different flavor) boulders and chocolate rocks are an attempt at a dry river bed, something that E3 is familiar with when we drive the sand rail in the high desert.
I hope it lasts until the party, because I have a feeling that there may be a few missing rocks and boulders by cake time.

5 comments:

Kasey said...

I think it is cute! Perfect for a little boy's birthday!

Buck said...

Hey... I think it's brilliant! Well done, Susan.

j o n i said...

Oh my gosh! What an incredible cake--the time and effort you must have put into this! My little guy's 1st b-day is coming up and I am already worried about putting up a good time! This has really got me nervous!

Ann M. said...

Perfect for a little boy. Fantastic job :) and now I want cake.

Guard Wife said...

That is perfect!

MUCH better than my attempt at a Barbie cake for M1. It turned out okay, but we had to crack off Barbie's legs so we could push her into the top of the cake w/out her being too tall & her business flashing the party guests. :)