Monday, November 26, 2007

What's in a name?

I’ve been envious of other milspouses who have creative names for their husbands on their blogs. Something other than DH or Hubby, etc.
Marine Wife has Stretch. Homefront 6 has MacGyver…and my favorite is Butterfly Wife’s Jack Bauer. It should not surprise me that Butterfly Wife suggested a great name for Hubby in the Spousebuzz chat room last night.

Stuntman.
It fits.

At the age of 5, the mailman told my mother-in-law that her son was on the roof. Her reply? “He’ll get down when he wants to.”

As a teen, he would roll down the sidewalk doing a handstand on his skateboard.

He doesn't like to fly, but thinks nothing of jumping out of a perfectly good airplane...if the Army pays him for it.

He introduced me to dirt-biking on our first date.

Last year, on base, several soldiers were trying to find a way to hang a giant backdrop on some high scaffolding, no one wanted to climb. My hubby takes one look, and climbs to the top. He was old enough to be the father of most of the soldiers watching.

So yes,
he is now Stuntman.

6 comments:

Buck said...

He introduced me to dirt-biking on our first date.

Now THAT'S a first date!! Good on Stuntman, and good on you, too, TripleE!!

Susan said...

Our first date included dirt-biking (I had never ridden a motorcycle before) and shooting guns in the desert (I had never shot a gun before either) it also was this close (really close fingers) to a drive to Vegas to get married. We ended up waiting a few months for our wedding.
That was 12 1/2 years ago :)

Butterfly Wife said...

Awesome! I love it. :D

And that does sound like a great first date.

Marine Wife said...

Perfect!

Lemon Stand said...

That sounds like a wonderful and memorable first date! And I love the name. (Although I AM jealous that you found one. I'm still in limbo.)

The St. John Family said...

That is Fantastic! All Army Husbands need a nickname! It is just something about it! And mine is the same way about flying but loves jumping out of the plane! Crazy!