Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Only one night

I hadn't realized that it had been so long since my last post. I guess the day to day excitement around here has kept me entertained. The nonstop hilarity of getting the kids to school, volunteering at the school, housework, diaper changes, cooking, cleaning and working has been keeping me away from my blog.
Tonight is the first night that Stuntman is away since he returned from deployment. He's had several late nights at work, but tonight he will not be home. He's only in San Diego, but it still hit a chord in me. As I was closing up the house for the night.... double-checking the doors, turning off the automatic sprinklers (it's raining, whoohoo!) and setting the alarm for the morning, I had the same empty feeling that I had every night when he was away at war.
I so love that man, and I wish that he was home... I don't want to wait until tomorrow.

3 comments:

The Mrs. said...

Funny how it can throw you make to that same feeling.

Enjoy having the remote and the bed to yourself, but I know what you mean when you say you just want him home.

Thanks for your comments : )

Buck said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Susan.

It's good to see ya back... I was beginning to wonder, what with your last post about the fires and all. And rain is GOOD! ;-)

liberal army wife said...

the first overnight that he was away after he returned - was so wierd! We had moved, so the routine was different - but I still ended up sleeping on the couch, going back to the bad eating habits of deployment.

yay for rain!

LAW