Saturday, February 2, 2008

I'm ready

Tomorrow I'm having a Superbowl party at my house. Why? I asked myself the same question. I like the Superbowl... although this year I really don't care who wins. I would have liked to see San Diego or Green Bay in the game, but that didn't happen. I invited a few friends over that also really don't care about the outcome and we're watching for the commercials as much as the game.
Why would I give myself extra work to do? Prepping , cleaning, cooking etc... but I realized the main reason I decided to have the party... it has given me something different to do instead of the usual cleaning and cooking. It helps time pass by more quickly. Anything to bring Stuntman closer to me.

I just finished making a big batch of chili... I have plenty of ice for margaritas...lots of other snacks... and it looks like it'll rain all day tomorrow. That means the dozen or so kids here, will be playing inside. Back to margaritas... I haven't bought a bottle of tequila for over 15 years, actually, I don't remember the last time I bought any alcohol except beer or wine. It's expensive!
Since I only had 3 hours of sleep last night, I'm heading to bed now... I'm wiped out.

5 comments:

Buck said...

I have plenty of ice for margaritas...

Mmmm...margs! I'll just have to make-do with beer today. Unless I decide to go out.

Wait. That won't work. We're "dry" on Sundays in these parts. That sucks. ;-)

The Mrs. said...

oh come on you know you were rooting for the Giants! : )

Your party sounds like it had all the makings for a fun time.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you were geared up for a great party! Hope is was fun. We didn't have a dog in the fight either, but we did enjoy watching the game. It was a good one this year.

Blog said...

Hope you had a great party!

wendy said...

Sounds like a fun party - I've been thinking I need to invite someone over just so I'll have a good reason to clean up around here...