Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day '08

My mother's day started out perfectly.
E3 looked up at me and said "hi mommy" and gave me a big hug. It was early, no sleeping in allowed here, so the two of us sat in the living room drinking our coffee and milk. I had the coffee, he had the milk, he really doesn't need anything to perk him up.
The girls awoke soon after.
My brother-in-law arrived at 9 am for breakfast. I made one of my favorite foods, french toast. We also had eggs and bacon.
Emma graduated from beginner obedience class today, what a star student :)
So far, we've spent most of the day playing outside. Stuntman has called twice, and I spoke to my mother, sister, SIL, and several friends on the phone to wish them all a happy mother's day.
It's currently watermelon break time.
I'm writing this down so I can remember how thankful I am for this beautiful day, and my truly blessed life.

3 comments:

Ann M. said...

Sounds like a pretty great day! Glad your Mother's Day was a good one :)

Buck said...

I'm happy to see you had a great Mom's Day, Susan.

Butterfly Wife said...

Sounds lovely. :D