Wednesday, May 7, 2008

That'll do

I was back at the gym yesterday after being absent for two weeks. I went today as well.
My kids finally are clear of the snot-nose... they won't allow snot-nose kids into the gym daycare.
Working out really helps alleviate stress.
I'm still craving a tour on the bike ... that will have to wait. The weather right now would be perfect to ride... cool and cloudy. Stuntman mentioned that riding at Ocotillo Wells in the heat of summer would be a piece of cake after dealing with the heat of Iraq in full battle rattle.

So, I'll just keep running along on the eliptical... have I ever mentioned that I love the eliptical? I can run on it without the stress on the knee. So much fun.

6 comments:

.... said...

Glad to hear that the kids are well and that you are back to the gym....

I'm glad that you love the eliptical, but I gotta tell you I can't do that machine to save my life.....the first time I tried I thought, well those couple minutes were um....interesting, but the next time there was a trainer at the gym who saw me on it and he came over and told me that I might want to pick a safer form of exercise, like the treadmill......I have zero coordination!!!

Enjoy it!

Buck said...

Mmmm... dirt bikes!! Yes! ;-)

Bon said...

Glad you can get back to the gym, that's what I was thinking about when I read the teeth-grinding thing. The gym is good for leaving stress and raising your spirit level both.

I, like ASW, cannot do the eliptical to save my soul, it just feels funny and uncoordinated for me--weird.

Susan said...

It took a few tries on the eliptical but I got the hang of it after a while.. but I don't dare close my eyes or I'll fly off of it.

wendy said...

I have never been to the gym here. I feel kind of intimidated by the gym. But I like to run. I have only gone out twice this week because of sick kids and a fire alarm mishap and I can really tell. I am in a seriously bad mood....I need to run!

Buck said...

Happy Mothers Day, Susan!