Sunday, November 4, 2007

One More Weekend Down

This was a good weekend.
The party was fun, although several people were no-shows…various reasons…kids sick, last minute vacations, soccer overtime, etc… I tried not to be disappointed in the turnout because I was happy to see those that did attend.
Those that did show had a good time. We have a lot of cards for soldiers and some Christmas decorations made. All the kids were exhausted by the end of the day. I have a couple weeks to get things together before I need to ship and I think I’ll need it.
The absolute best part of the day was when Hubby called via Skype. We had a good connection (rare lately) and had a video chat with everyone in the room. It was the middle of the night for him, so he was quiet...everyone else in the tent was asleep, but it was wonderful!

I’m still feeling a little yucky…some bug that I’m sure the kids have too. I feel like I’m in the first trimester of pregnancy…nauseated all the time for no real reason.
Of course, that is so impossible it’s funny.

Something else that was bothering me lately…now that Hubby’s been gone since March…I realized that this deployment would take an emotional toll on the family, but I didn’t realize that it would take such a financial toll as well. Between the increased expenses and the lost wages compared to Hubby’s civilian job, the numbers in our savings buffer were dwindling…fast.
It’s been resolved…I think, but it’s been more of a sacrifice than what I was anticipating.
I’m trying not to think about what we could have done with the missing funds…a couple new cars? padded college funds? an awesome kitchen remodel? what.ever.
I feel like such a whiner.

2 comments:

Buck said...

I feel like such a whiner.

As another blog-buddy of mine sez, TripleE...you're not whining, you're unburdening! And you're entitled to do so, as well.

Glad to read things went well this weekend!

Melinda said...

You aren't whining. :) That's what blogs are for, after all!

I've been feeling the SAME way. I'm crossing everything that it isn't anything more than a bug b/c it isn't as impossible for me as you & that freaks me out! I'm sure it's nothing, but will be more sure in a few days. LOL

Glad you had fun at your party!!