Friday, November 2, 2007

Party Time

I’m having a party!

Every year, I have a cookie-exchange party in December. Everyone brings cookies to swap, and I have dozens of sugar cookies to decorate.
This year, I didn’t feel like having the party…maybe because my better half is on the other side of the world? Plus, I’ve been eating much healthier and I’m not in the mood for cookies.

A month or so ago, I saw a post over at One Day at a Time. She was attending a party entitled “Drinking for a Few Good Men”. Her friend was having a party to write cards for the soldiers.

I decided to have a Christmas card party instead. Everyone is bringing a snack and cards. I have blank cards with stamps and stickers for the kids to decorate. I’ll be sending these to Hubby’s unit in a week or so, along with some decorations we’ll be making tomorrow.

It’s been a rough week. E3 can probably be categorized as a hurricane by now. I’ve been missing my Hubby terribly, and we’ve had a few unexpected financial issues arise. I’ve been just plain stressed this week.
My house is a mess, but I think I can turn it around by tomorrow. If not, my friends will understand.
I’m feeling much better today…I think I’m over the hump of this funk I was in.

I’m looking forward to having everyone over tomorrow…I’ll let you know how it goes!

3 comments:

Melinda said...

Can I come?!

What an awesome idea.

I might give this one a whirl myself!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're feeling better, I'd wondered how you were.

I hope you enjoy the party and continue this upswing after the funk. *hugs*

Ann M. said...

I know that funk. It happens to all of us. I think your party is a great idea, and hopefully it will help you to continue feeling better.