Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Are we there yet?

We can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Stuntman left over a year ago for pre-deployment training.
The tail end of this deployment seems to be going by soooo slowly. It feels like the month prior to Christmas when I was a kid.
I have plenty to keep myself busy… Girl Scouts, dog obedience, practicing E1’s talent show act, helping E1’s class with an upcoming event, and of course all of the daily work around here… cooking, cleaning, etc.., oh, I forgot my 20-30 hr a week at-home job.
Time should be flying by.
It’s not.
…and it’s really not that close. I know if any one of my friend’s husbands would be gone for just the remaining time Stuntman has left, they would be complaining constantly.

I think the kids are anticipating the upcoming return of their daddy… they have been EXTRA whiny lately. It’s either whines, screams, or whiny-screams around here. They are using every ounce of my patience.

The roller-coaster ride needs to stop now.


My moods are on the roller coaster too. I fluctuate between two feelings:

1. Wow! I can’t believe that we made it this far… piece of cake! If Stuntman has to deploy again in the future, I know that I can handle it.

and

2. I don’t think I can make it one more day!

3 comments:

liberal army wife said...

oh, this is the slowest/fastest time.. but it will end. doesn't help now, does it... Not much I can say except, you are going to be just fine. I hated it when everyone told me to hang in there, so I wont ;-)))

LAW

The Mrs. said...

I'm in awe of you, I really am. I know that doesnt help get the kids less whiny (I wish I had the secret for that one!)

Ann M. said...

the only thing I can say is hang in. No matter how slow time is passing, it is still passing, and this will be over. Soon.