Thursday, July 24, 2008
Experiment with 550 cord
This is the chair that I fixed. The fabric seat and back had ripped, so I asked Stuntman to pick up 550 cord next time he was at the surplus store. We had some lying around the house, but not enough to weave an entire chair. It's a kids chair, but it still took quite a bit of cord.
I weaved a few lawn chairs using macrame cord when I was in college. My step-father had some old chairs that were falling apart, but had good frames. My sister currently has those chairs and I hear that they are still in good shape.
I didn't really have a pattern for this little chair. It was a little experiment. We have a couple lounge chairs by the pool that are falling apart, but have nice frames. That project will be next.
I see that there are websites that sell all different colors of 550 cord.... interesting...
The E's fight over the chair, so it looks like I'll be weaving a couple more of these. I made the mistake of showing the girls the website with all of the different colors available. I now have orders for a pink and purple chair.