Saturday, July 5, 2008

Recap

I hope everyone had a wonderful day yesterday, we did. Everything didn't flow smoothly, but it was great anyhow.
We went to a BBQ at the cousin's house, and everyone was happy to see Stuntman. There were no off-handed comments this time, surprisingly, since many of those in attendance spend their weekends at anti-war protests. A few difficult questions that Stuntman handled well. I had a brat, but no beer. I forgot my good beer at home and didn't feel like wasting the calories on a tasteless one. My margarita pie was a hit and I need to email my recipe to everyone in attendance I hear. I had a bite of it, it was delicious.
We met up later for fireworks viewing with a good friend that just returned from Afghanistan. Stuntman and he chatted the entire time. I think he and his family will be over in the next few days for a BBQ over here. He has a 2 1/2 year old son and E3 and he enjoyed playing together. Only a couple tears, and that's good for two 2 yr-olds that are up past their bedtimes.
So, how was everyone else's day?

1 comment:

Buck said...

Happy Independence Day (weekend) to you and Stuntman, Susan... and all the Es, too!

My Fourth was low and slow, as we had our fireworks Thursday evening. I spent most of my day quietly reflecting on Independence Days Past, and that wasn't a BAD thing to do...