Wednesday, July 16, 2008

It's been a year

I've been blogging for a year. A year…
Actually, 13 months, but I finally have a chance to review...
It began as a way for me to document the deployment and it’s ups and downs. I never really thought that anyone would read what I wrote. Still, not very many do, but that is still more than the zero that I predicted.
I’m looking back at what has happened during the year. Some feelings that I wrote about seem so foreign to me now, and some seem so fresh.

June:
my very first entry
I’m glad that I didn’t get my wish of a year-long hibernation. I would have missed so much.

July:
I still cringe when I remember our trip home from San Diego.

August:
There was a time when E3 was easier to catch . Man, that seems like ages ago!

A typical time of rest during the deployment, and a summary of all days.

September:
I forget how much work was done around here in the last year. Now, Stuntman is home to enjoy it.

October:
I finally told Stuntman my blog address.

November:
We lost a furry member of the family. I still miss Pumpkin , she was one of a kind. Sparky’s health has really deteriorated since Pumpkin died. She must miss Pumpkin as well. I didn’t even think they liked each other.


December:
I met a good friend face-to-face. She does exist
Later that month, I was tattooed.

January:
My typical thoughts about the unit with whom Stuntman was deployed… I didn’t mention them a lot just in case anyone was reading. I didn’t want to rock the boat when Stuntman was with them, but the leadership totally sucked. There, I said it.

February:
Stuntman returned home for R&R. R&R was just an odd experience. Stuntman was home, but not really here. We did the best that we could, but couldn’t forget that it was so temporary.

March:
A memorable trip to Legoland, not.
… and I got old .

April:
Stuntman’s love for me easily survived the distance.

May:
Stuntman came home. Seeing him in person, and knowing that he would be staying home indefinitely, was one of the best feelings that I have ever felt.
… and life goes on.

June:
After a year of trying not to worry each other, Stuntman and I have had many open conversations .

The last year has been a crazy and memorable experience. I’ve learned more about myself in one year than I ever have. Sometimes exciting, sometimes boring, sometimes heart-wrenching, sometimes full of love… and life continues…

3 comments:

.... said...

I am approaching my 1 year mark too, and like you, I am amazed at how much I have gone through and SURVIVED over that time....and my blog, the record of such....

And I wonder.....do I continue to blog after I reach that one year point? Hm.....

~ASW

Buck said...

Congrats on the blog-o-versary, Susan! I enjoy reading you, very much. So, out of pure self-interest, I hope you keep it up!

(You, too, ASW!)

Jamie said...

Congrats on one year! You were one of our first e-friends :)It's fun to look back and reflect on everything.