Monday, June 23, 2008

Day 2

E3 is in the process of being weaned. Today is his 2nd day of not getting any nutrition directly from my body.
I had cut his feedings down the last few months, but hadn't cut him off completely.
He was fine during the day yesterday, asked a few times for "numnies", and was fine with my "they're empty" answer followed by lots of hugs and kisses.
Two hours after going to bed last night, he was NOT OK with being cut-off.
I spent most of the night in the rocking chair holding an unhappy little guy. We both slept in and E3 seems to be fine today. I hope tonight goes more smoothly. I'm tired.
I've been pregnant or nursing for the last 8+ years. I'm looking forward to having my body to myself, even though it in no way resembles the one I had 8+ years ago! ... and never will without surgical intervention.
A part of me is sad to see this stage of my life gone. I'm done having children, unless there is a fertility miracle, so this is the last time I'll be weaning anyone.

3 comments:

Inquiries said...

Next you will be out of the diaper stage. I imagine you might be more thankful for that to go. ;)

The Mrs. said...

I was going to say the same... once your in a totally potty trained house something tells me baby fever might not be so strong!

Anonymous said...

Just de-lurking to say that weaning my dd this spring made me so sad... it was harder emotionally than I ever thought it would be. She went a little easier than E3 but it took weeks before she stopped asking. I hope he adjusts soon!