Sunday, June 29, 2008

Wax on, Wax off

I detailed the RV today... hours, hours, hours of cleaning. I feel like the Karate Kid. If I ever neglect the RV that much again, and let it get that oxidized and dirty, I'm buying a new one.
I was only going to polish half of the outside, but then thought that I may not be able to move my arms tomorrow, so I better finish while I can. It still needs a touch-up here and there, but looks so much better than it did at the beginning of the day.
We're hoping to attend the annual family reunion this summer in St. Paul. If we can coordinate vacation, drill weekends, on-call weekends, whatever. Since it would cost a ton to fly a family of 5 from LA to Minneapolis, we thought we would just enjoy the trip and take the RV. Screw gas prices, we'll be frugal somewhere else. We had such a memorable time on our last trip, we'll do it again. Last time we had 2 kids and 2 dogs along for the ride, and this time it'll be 3 kids and 3 dogs (unless I can convince Stuntman to leave 2 dogs at home).
Fingers-crossed that we'll be able to go!

7 comments:

Butterfly Wife said...

"Wax on, Wax off." too funny! I was thinking the same thing this morning as I was cleaning under the sink.

I sure do hope you get to go. Sounds like it will be a blast!

Guard Wife said...

My arms hurt just from reading that!!!

I hope you're able to work out the scheduling as it sounds like a wonderful trip!

Ann M. said...

I really hope you can go, too. Sounds like it would be an adventure!

Buck said...

Ooooh... I'm with Butterfly Wife! El Casa Móvil De Pennington has NEVER known wax, and will likely stay that way, unless some enterprising young person happens to come by looking to make a buck or 20. The thing gets washed twice a year, but beyond that? Nada.

This is serious work we're talking about here! My arms ache for ya, Susan, even if yours don't! ;-)

Susan said...

For some reason, my arms aren't sore a bit today. It's the first time I've ever waxed the RV, but I've detailed 18-wheelers many, many times, but that was long ago when I lived on the farm.
...but, my calf is sore, probably from the precarious position I was in on the step-ladder trying to reach the top of the RV.
and Buck, it'll cost you a lot more than 20 ;)

The Mrs. said...

Oh I love family drives! Really they are always an adventure and usually fun! : ) hope you guys get to go, coordinating anything on a military schedule is a pain in the arse.

Buck said...

...and Buck, it'll cost you a lot more than 20 ;)

I hear THAT. And I don't really wanna know what the going rate would be! ;-)