Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Am I missing something?!

How hard is it to return a phone call or email? Seriously.
I give up on the FRG, I don't know what information they would even give me. If it wasn't for the milspouse blogs that I read, I wouldn't even feel like my Hubby's IN the military. I haven't met ONE person with a family member in his unit. I missed the one event that was planned...I almost drove those 140miles just to see someone, but my car, and the engine, had other plans. The lone newsletter, in July, spoke of the upcoming farewell ceremony...in JUNE!
GEESH!

3 comments:

.... said...

I am sorry that you have to experience the FRG this way....GUARD and Reserves really get the short end of this program, hell alot of programs because once again no one really takes the families into consideration when they are activated. I know they are really trying to make amends to alot of these programs, but with as spread out as the families are....it really makes it difficult. My cousin's husband is in the reserves and she speaks of the same frustrations and I try to help her through them with the approach of the Active component....I hear you with how you feel....and the active side has it's fair share of the same issues, but on a much smaller scale...I can only imagine how it must feel from your point of view.

I wish I had better advise for you, but the only thing I can tell you is that the FRG is a command program, contact the Commander down range and inform them that their leader or rear-d back here is failing to do their job....the civilian side is harder to implement but the command rear-d, they can be held accountable.

Hugs..... :D

Rachelle Jones said...

I too found the FRG as less than welcoming, and I tried and tried...

the online community SAVED me, it really did.

I keep trying to get a SpouseBuzz live even t to get to a National Guard Armory...

As a National Guard Spouse myself, i understand the lack of support offerred.

ABW said...

Last deployment we had a non-existant FRG and it was very frustrating. If it wasn't for a friend forwarding information to me or Bob Babcock's updates then I would have been lost.

I wish there was something I could do to help.