Wednesday, September 12, 2007

On the Road Again...

Here come more sleepless nights…

I was doing pretty well lately. You see, I knew my Hubby was stuck “inside the wire” for over a week because his vehicle was being repaired. Now the Army has supplied him with a replacement until his is finished, yippie. (insert sarcastic tone here)

I know that he didn’t go all the way over there to sit in a tent. I know he has a mission to accomplish, but that doesn’t mean that I’m excited that he is now able to venture out along the countryside. I know there is no exactly “safe” place over there. For goodness sake a mortar came within yards of him over the wire not long ago. But still…

At least I’ll have a few pounds shed with the stress-induced weight loss.

Something I need to let go.

Man I had a horrible dream when I nodded off while rocking the baby earlier.
I hope I hear from him soon.

5 comments:

Shelly said...

I don't know what to say to that, I just hope he stays safe and you get a good night sleep..

CALL YOUR WIFE!!!!!

Shelly

Susan said...

He called early today...
I know there is nothing I can do, and worrying does nothing but make me age.
today will be a better day...

Stephanie said...

Sometimes worry does indeed get the best of us. Hang in there. *hugs*

Buck said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Triple E. Milton had it exactly right when he wrote "They also serve who only stand and waite."

Susan said...

Thanks for the link Buck, I hadn't read that before...timeless.