Sunday, September 16, 2007

I’m Beginning to Hate Acronyms

Today was a beautiful day. Not as warm and I was able to do a lot of yard work. I cleaned the pool, chopped off tree branches, seeded a bare slope in the yard that has new sprinklers, and rolled the trash cans down to the curb. All the time, E3 was playing with the hose set to “trickle” and E1+E2 were playing in the mud he created. I know that I have a gardener (Ha, still cracks me up that I hired one), but I don’t pay him enough to do everything.
I’m just going along, like any other day, in denial.
Everyone tells me how strong I am…I’m not strong, just in denial.
And it’s working for me most of the time.
I had one of those calls from the sandbox tonight, you know the ones filled with static and delays.…”Hi… I love you…I made it to my destination…everyone’s OK….my truck…IED…everyone’s OK…just..truck...told to go to TMC…gotta go…love you...” end of call.
Thankfully, I was in the middle of a Spousebuzz chat and could ask what TMC meant. Troop Medical Center.
Tonight I’m very thankful
I feel like I'm going to puke, but I'm still thankful.

11 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh dear. I'm so glad he's ok. *hugs* That had to be so tough but at least he was able to call you.

DH made a similar call to his parents in 2004 from Afghanistan. I think they know to try and call before the official word gets passed on ...

I'm thinking of you both.

Butterfly Wife said...

That's a tough one. I am so grateful I haven't had one of those calls. And nice to be able to have someone to answer the acronym question. I am the same way. I haven't a clue.

(I gotta tell you that I am hung up on your SpouseBuzz chat comment though. I thought they didn't have a show last night.)

Stephanie said...

BW, the chat is open all the time. It just isn't always manned. I've spent a few lonely evenings there.

Susan said...

BW, no show last night, but still a few in the chat during the usual time.

Buck said...

That sounds like a tough one, indeed. It's an oh-so-good thing you have the SpouseBuzz chat to go to, Triple E. There's just SO much more available along these lines today then there was back in my day. Technology is indeed a wondrous thing.

liberal army wife said...

oh my dear! next time, if you can't find anyone in the chat room, I've usually got my personal email open (if we are in the house) so if you need to scream, do it my way...

LAW

Stephanie said...

Ditto to LAW, TripleE. You can reach me on my personal mail via the link on my blog.

Shelly said...

I'm sorry you had a scare, is he ok? Go ahead and puke, cry let it all out...

Shelly

Susan said...

He's fine, I spoke to him a couple times today. Just a close call. I went through a lot of emotions today, mainly I was just pissed. I mentioned it to Hubby, and he asked at who, was it him? was it my mom? (she's visiting and can get on my nerves at times), then he said "Oh, at the one that tried to blow me up"
Thanks everyone, 6 months ago I would never have guessed how supportive online friends could be :)

Rachelle Jones said...

holy moses prayers said

ABW said...

I understand. Unfortunately I have had those calls and they are hard each time. I am glad your DH is okay. Hang in there. I'm with you on the denial thing...