Sunday, September 2, 2007

I've never mentioned it

I was talking with Hubby yesterday. It was a good conversation on his cell-phone. We usually use the sat-phone because the cost is less, but we occasionally use the cell so we can have an actual conversation without the annoying delay. He loves being able to hear the kids playing in the background. Well, actually not always playing, sometimes they’re fighting. The ringing phone is often a trigger for endless Moms. The “Mom, where are my shoes?”, “Mom, I’m hungry/thirsty/cold/hot/bored”, “Mom, where’s my pink purse?”, “Mom, how many legs does a dragonfly have?”, “Mom, she hit me first”
anyhow, I digress…

Since he hasn’t had much internet access in the last few months, I’ve printed a few blogs and sent them in his care packages. I sent soldier’s blogs, not spouse’s. We discuss some of the difficulties I face, but I don’t tell him everything, at least not yet. He has enough to worry about right now, you know…being shot at and all, and trying to avoid those damn IED’s and EFP’s. Part of the conversation went like this:
He said, “You should start a blog”
I said, “I already have”
“Oh” quiet…. ”well what’s on it?”

9 comments:

Butterfly Wife said...

Well, I guess he will have a little of reading to do when he gets some internet access. I know some of my posts make my husband worry about me. I usually try to give him warning before hand if I think a post is likely to make him think I am in a darker mood than I really am.

I am just waiting for my mother to tell me that I should start a blog and have the same exact conversation with her.

Susan said...

That made me laugh...my Mom has no clue as to what a a blog is, I'm not even sure if she knows about the internet. She is concerned if anyone spends more than 30 second on the computer a day.
I know there are 75 yr olds that are computer savvy, she's just not one of them.

BeccaSaun84 said...

Oy- I wish my parents weren't computer-literate.. they're great people, but for both of them, their lives revolve around it. And they're 57 and 62!
As for me, my hubby even has the password to my other blog and has posted TO me on there quite a few times. It's especially nice if I haven't heard from him for a day or two, to get on and see that sometime during my night, he's gotten on and left an "Ed post" for me and everyone else. It makes me feel a LOT better.
I've kept a blog since before I even met him, so he knows how I pour my feelings out on there daily. I know he'd be offended if I suddenly kept that side of myself from him. He said he like to know what our (my and my daughter's) days are like- even if it's been bad, he'd rather know then not..? I'd say you're husband probably feels the same way Triplee. :-)

Rachelle Jones said...

my Husband found out I had a blog, in sort of the same fashion. He had just returned when I started mine...


have fun!

Susan said...

He can tell on the phone when I'm having a tough time (see the "Mom" section of the post :) ) and I have vented with him a couple times,but I don't talk about the anticpatory grief with him or some other things that I know may bother him. When he's home, I'll show him the blog, he probably wouldn't go online to read it now anyhow, but if he asks, I'll give him the address.

ABW said...

Oh you made me laugh! My husband knows I have one and he has read it before, but not regularly. One time when he was being ridiculous I asked him if he wanted me to blog about this and he stopped. LOL

After I started mine I wouldn't let my mom read, I would just tell her I was going to blog about certain things. I finally gave her the address and then she started one and didn't tell me!

Blog said...

I started a blog after reading a few other military wife's and it feels so good to sometimes write down my thoughts. Anyway, I've often thought about whether or not I will tell dh about it. I don't want him to worry, but on the other hand I think he might get a kick out of it.

.... said...

I like how you ended this post...

My husband knows about mine...well he does now. I read him a couple sections of it the other night and he seems a bit intrigued. He does not really have the access to read it, but I guess he will when he is home on leave...

Makes me think I should sort of put some of it in draft before hand.....and sort of regulate what I let him read....I never really started it for him to read...ya know?

Shelly said...

I didn't tell anyone I was blogging. I don't want to deal with having to watch what I write. It's funny though I do check on my kids myspace and I find out all kinds of things.. With everything he is doing during training he still finds time to get on myspace..