Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Today began like any other day…
wake up, wake the kids, breakfast, dressed, lunches, homework, and out of the door.

There was an assembly at E1’s school today. It began with prayers and it ended with E1 leading the school in the Pledge of Allegiance.

I am so glad that I didn’t leave my sunglasses in the car. I sure needed them to hide the tears. E1 beamed with pride as she led us, head held high, hand over her heart.

I wish her Dad could have seen her.

To each and everyone affected by the events of September 11, 2001 and the continuing affects of terriorism...we will keep you in our hearts and prayers.

4 comments:

Rachelle Jones said...

So glad you are raising a Patriot!

.... said...

It is amazing what our children have learned from the life that they lead...yesterday was a hard day on us all....and the rose today as it did six years ago....life continues on...I also share your last statement about the affects from 9/11....God Bless your family and your soldier....God Bless us all.

~A soldier's wife

ABW said...

Awwwwww.....just the thought of it had me tearing up!

Melinda said...

That's a "Mom" moment to tuck away...it's always nice when you see the hard work you're doing is sinking in.