Wednesday, September 19, 2007

One of Those Days...

Today began like any other day.
Except E3 decided to wake up ½ hour early.
It was raining…a good day in my book, I like the rain. I miss it since I live in SoCal where it only rains approximately 4 hours a year, give or take.
Upon rising, I realized the joys of the kids returning to school…a new virus. I felt like someone had beat me with a baseball bat, OK, not much to do today, I can drag through.
Got E1 to school in time. Her teacher had a hamster that was looking for a home, so we brought home a new friend. Chocolate Chip is his name. He came with a new cage and a big bag of food.
When I got home I cleaned the cage (it stunk so bad, I needed to drive with the window down on the way home). The bag of food was full of bugs, so I tossed it in the trash. Yuk.
A trip to Petco for new food and supplies.
E2 was attached to me today…maybe she feels a little sick too? Either way, I was barely out of her sight today. There was a lot of drama…
E3 is destined to be either a baseball pitcher or a football quarterback. He throws everything. He tossed a full bag of hamster food down the stairs. It was partially open. As it tumbled down the stairs, in what seemed like slow-motion, it gradually opened completely, spewing hamster chow everywhere. It covered the stairs, the foyer, and part of the adjoining living room. E3 thought it was hilarious! Yesterday, E3 tossed a box of Apple Jacks. The dogs were the clean-up crew for that mess, but no help today.
The kids ate well at dinner, then baths. E3 pooped in the tub, what fun.
I finally was able to take a shower at 6pm, just before the PTO meeting tonight. I’m sure everyone appreciated that.
I’m currently taking a break…I’m buried in work. I’m waiting for a large report to print. I should get back to that…it is the job that sends me a paycheck.
In the big picture, the day wasn’t that bad, one day closer to the end of deployment

8 comments:

CShack said...

I hope you get to feeling better. I think that E3 is a carbon copy of my middle son! He was so full of life and vigor (still is), but on days when I was not it was less enchanting to me. I am glad that you are one day closer to the end of deployment. Hang in there!

liberal army wife said...

oh, dear... so sorry for "one of those days"... the nasty hamster cage - whew- those scents just LINGER, don't they! pooping in the tub.. oh that was always SUCH a joy.. clean tub, re-clean child, wish that you Hadn't eaten dinner prior to this.... grandbaby hasn't done that to me yet.

LAW

Shelly said...

Not to bad of a day, ok I'm sorry that day didn't sound great... Feel better, tomorrow will be another day..

Buck said...

Wow, Triple E...I hope your day is better today...and the virus has run its course.

Melinda said...

Oh, dear God, do I remember those kind of days! Right down to the poop in the bathtub which was M2's favorite parlor trick for WEEKS and effectively extinguished any desire of her sister to EVER bathe in the same tub as her again. I'm sure I cleaned my tub more times & more thoroughly in those weeks/months(?) than I have since. LOL

Bet your new hamster is glad he's found such a great home!!

BeccaSaun84 said...

wow- I'm just sitting here wondering, "How do you do it?!" I will NOT bitch anymore about my kid being a handful. I bow down. *L*
I hope you get to feeling better- and that E2 isn't sick as well. Nothing worse then you AND the kids being sick.
*hug!*

Susan said...

ilvmygi08 - believe me...the first kid is the toughest, at least for me it was. I would not have done well on my own at all. I really had no idea what I was doing :)
no hamster chow down the stairs today...just some shoes in the toilet.

.... said...

I hope the last 24 hours have been better then the preceeding 24, almost makes you long for heavy traffic with an office at the end of the drive.....hm...I guess not really, who wants those memories at the end of the day?

{hugs} anyway though, cause you sort of need it after a day like that....

you are making me miss our hampsters with all the story telling of the little guys...well, except when the free themselves and we spend days in search of them....