Saturday, September 8, 2007

Happy Anniversary

I thought this wouldn’t be tough.
Then why am I typing through tears?
Eleven others have passed by quietly.
Twelve years ago tonight I really had no idea as to the life that lay ahead.
I have had a wonderful dozen years with a wonderful man.
I just want to get on with several dozen more.
It seems as if our life is on hold, but it also seems to pass us by so quickly.

*update*
Hubby called just as I posted this. It's our anniversay there already. He wished me Happy Anniversary. I love that man.

9 comments:

Shelly said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad he called you.. 11 years, WOW Congratulations...

Shelly

Butterfly Wife said...

Congratulations. May you have many, many more dozens to come. :D

Stephanie said...

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary. Good timing on hubby's part.

BeccaSaun84 said...

Happy anniversary!!! I hope, too, that you have many MANY MANY more decades together. ;-) *huge huge hug!*

Melinda said...

Happy Belated Anniversary. :) Glad you were able to speak to your sweetie. It's so tough to be separated on special days like our anniversary, but make a point to celebrate once he's home. Pick the 8th of a month and make sure you have the anniversary celebration you would have had if he'd been there in person. :)

ABW said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

So glad that he was able to call.

Susan said...

Thank you everyone for the well wishes.
I wasn't very clear in my post last night...today is our 12th anniversary. I was just contemplating the day ahead and the last 11 that have slipped by. We don't usually do a lot of celebrating, but we always watch our wedding video together. I haven't done that, I'll save it for R&R.
Thanks Again!

Claire said...

Happy Anniversary! Congratulations and here's (lifting my glass) to the next wonderful and happy dozen years!

Buck said...

A belated Happy Anniversary, Triple E!