Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The First Day of School

The first day of school…The anticipation was almost unbearable for E1 and E2. E1 loved her first day of 2nd grade. Just two years ago, when bringing her to Kinder, the 2nd graders looked so big, so much older. Now she’s the “big kid” next to the kindergarteners.
E2 began preschool today. She’ll be going Tuesdays and Thursdays . I asked her to tell me her favorite part of the day. She replied in her best teenager tone (as a 4 yr old) “Well, it sure wasn’t the nap.” Hubby called to see how the day unfolded, and I told him her response, he just said “she gets it from you”. I guess I can be a bit of a smart-ass at times.

4 comments:

ABW said...

LOL!!!! That is hilarious! We should hook her up with my 6 year old, she's the same way. Too cute. They grow up fast.

ma content said...

Just wanted to say hello- I came over from AWTM's place!

Marine Wife said...

thanks for stopping by. My 3 yr old started preschool recently (will get the post up eventually). Any 2nd grader is also still 6. She'll have her birthday next month. But she's so tall that no one really notices.

Susan said...

A few kids are already 8 in E1's class. Many decide to hold their kids back before Kinder even if they make the cutoff. She'll be the last to turn 7 in her class, at the end of this month. She's the 2nd shortest, last year she was the shortest. She's very happy that a new girl came this year.