Sunday, December 2, 2007

On with Decorating...

A busy day here... good , because it helped get me out of the funk I've been in lately.
Church, huge birthday party at a friends, and decorating.
I was able to hang the lights outside. Stuntman goes a little overboard with the outside lights. Not as bad as Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation...but that is his eventual goal. He adds something each year.
I did not climb onto the roof to hang lights from the eaves. I have a lot of left-over light strings, but it's not too bad. It looks as if a drunk monkey decorated, but the kids think it's beautiful... and that's what counts. Only two neighbors can see the decorations, we have a long driveway, and the lights can't really be seen from the street, unless you stand in a particular spot, and tilt your head... but we enjoy them.
The inside tree is almost complete. I really have too many decorations. Everyone collects something ... some people collect stamps, coins, shoes, Stuntman collects camo pants and TA50, and I collect Christmas ornaments. I've added 5-10 Hallmark ornaments every year since 1984... you do the math. Every one is unique, and reminds me of something or someone. It takes us forever to put them all on the tree, but it's also a fun trip down memory lane. More to do tomorrow...
I'm going to do what Kelly suggested in a comment in my last post, and walk toward the sunshine.

3 comments:

Mrs. Mootz said...

Holidays can be the worst part about being a military spouse. Just remember that wherever Stuntman is on Christmas, he's thinking about all the good Christmas memories you have shared and he's imagining his family sitting around the tree at that very moment and smiling and opening presents, just like it should be on Christmas day.

Buck said...

I did the math, TripleE, and all I can say is ya better have a BIG tree! ;-)

The Mrs. said...

This time of year can make you miss them even more. Stinks doesn't it? Just look at all your ornaments and smile at the memories that each one holds. Maybe get a special one for him this year and then next year you'll be able to look back at it together.