Friday, December 28, 2007

So, I met this chick on the internet...

...sounds like something my brother-in-law would say.
I met the amazing Butterfly Wife for coffee yesterday. She's in town visiting family for the holidays. It was great conversation, but went much too fast before my sitter called.
Coffee with someone that gets it, $3.65. Having someone listen to my rants and raves, priceless.
During this deployment, I've really had no military connection or connection with any other military families, except through blogging. Spousebuzz has been a lifesaver. The Life and Times of a Butterfly Wife is an amazing blog, written by an amazing woman. She is an inspiration.
Thank you Butterfly Wife. Thanks to everyone that is helping me navigate through this deployment. I've realized that I am not crazy... or just not any crazier than anyone else.

7 comments:

Butterfly Wife said...

I'm blushing here. You are too kind.

Yeah, blogging is a lifesaver for me too.

Buck said...

Way cool, TripleE. I've yet to meet any of my blog-buds in person, but like your brother-in-law... Never mind. ;-)

The Mrs. said...

I have to say after reading your blog your way saner then I am. : ) I like to think that crazy is just a state of mine.... much like sanity.

Ann M. said...

I love that last line. It's so true. We do things to help us cope and think, "wow, I must be out of my mind" and then it turns out, nope, there's a truckload of other spouses who not only do that too, they've perfected the art of it and will offer tips.

Glad your meeting with BWF went so well!

liberal army wife said...

crazy? nope. we aren't totally nuts.. just (in Southernspeak) a bit peculiar.

LAW

.... said...

I'm glad that you all got the opportunity to meet.....connecting with one another is a blessing during this time in our lives....

CaliValleyGirl said...

Lol...the title of your post reminds me of one of my own "met in real life" blog buddies. I "met" her thru my blog...we emailed back and forth, and then started chatting everyday online...and then like a week later I asked her if she wanted to go to Hawaii with me that upcoming summer...and she said yes...and she came! Both of our significant others were deployed at the time. And I remember picking her up at the airport and thinking it was so funny that I had met a girl online, and she was coming to visit for a week...I had butterflies in my tummy...it was like meeting a guy crush...and she wasn't a disappointment either...*sigh* so much fun meeting people online.