Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I still got it

my accent, that is...
saw this over at Insignificant Inquiries and had to check it out.
What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Inland North
 

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

The Northeast
 
Philadelphia
 
The Midland
 
The South
 
North Central
 
Boston
 
The West
 
What American accent do you have?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz

5 comments:

Ann M. said...

The first time I tried this, I got the same results you did. I thought that was weird. The second time, I read the words more slowly, and I got the Northeast one (which is the right). Apparently I can't read or something....

Inquiries said...

Do you call carbonated drinks pop? ;)

Susan said...

I use to call them pop... but after living in CA for a while, I changed it to soda. I was sick of the strange looks and comments. :)

calista said...

I say pop, too. I also say "ice box" instead of fridge. I get some weird looks with that one.

I got the same as you, too.

ABW said...

I grew up in the South, so I call them all cokes.

I remember reading an article once about how the amount of accents is decreasing because so many people move.

I got Midland. I was born in Australia but raised in Houston, TX. I guess my drawls cancelled each other out?