Monday, March 10, 2008

Stage 3

The kids R&R to-do list:

Disneyland
snow
Legoland
beach

We finished it, just in time. He's gone... again.
That sucks.

We broke this deployment up into 3 parts.
part 1-a couple months of stateside training
a few days leave
part 2-10 months overseas
R&R
part 3-just a few months left
HOME

It felt so normal to have him home. Now back to the Groundhog Days of single-parenthood. I'm still in a fog right now, didn't really sleep last night. He had an early flight, we were up late, and I enjoyed watching him sleep one more time before he headed back.
The alarm went off at 0430... I nudged him awake and said "time to go to war".

5 comments:

Inquiries said...

You are an amazing woman. Raising a family and supporting your husband while he fights for our country.

Buck said...

Here's hoping Part III goes as quickly as possible, TripleE... quicker, even.

My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

The Mrs. said...

I hope your remainder time in single-parenthood goes off without too many hitches. I'd say none but thats just tempting fate! I'm sorry he's gone again, its so hard to watch them go again. But at least your on the down slope.

Your an amazingly strong woman, hang in there!

Susan said...

Thanks everyone... I hope he rest of the days go quicker than today is. I'm dragging my butt right now... those 60 minutes of sleep last night have caught up with me. Is it time to put the kids to bed yet?

Butterfly Wife said...

Big hugs to you. I'll be around this evening if you want to chat. And a few more hugs.