Monday, March 24, 2008

A night out

We just returned from the movie.
The E's and I saw "Horton Hears a Who" at the drive-in movie theatre. Yes, there is one still around.
I remember going to the drive-in when I was little, it was very close to my house, so we went quite often. We would always go early so that we could play on the playground before the movie started. My mom would bring popcorn and buy me a malt-flavored ice cream that came with a wooden spoon. I never saw those sold anywhere else, it was my special drive-in treat. We would change into our pj's during the movie and fall asleep during the second show.

We only stayed for the first show tonight.. it was still a huge bargain. Only $8 per adult and kids under 11 are free. So that means that for the four of us, it was a whopping $8. Compare that to the fifty bucks or more it takes at the regular theatre when you factor in popcorn and twizzlers!

So, if you're in the SoCal area, there is a drive-in, it has multiple screens, shows new movies, and it's fun for the family.
Pacfic Vineland Drive-In in City of Industry. Just off of the 605 and Valley Blvd. Easy to get to from almost anywhere. It's not that close to our house, but it's worth it. Relive a part of your childhood... and go to the drive-in!

4 comments:

Inquiries said...

WOW a drive-in movie theater! I have ALWAYS wanted to go to one. We have a a "cheap" theater. On Tuesdays it is only $2.50 a person. The candy and popcorn is much less expensive too.

Ann M. said...

Sounds like a LOT of fun :)

I am so jealous that you have a drive-in near you!

Buck said...

Drive-ins were an essential part of my adolescence, given I'm "of a certain age." And I took my two oldest boys to 'em, too, back when they were as young as the Es. It's good to know there's still a few left... I thought they'd all pretty much gone the way of the dodo.

The Mrs. said...

I've always wanted to try one out but alas... none around up here. It certainly sounds like fun and a heck of a bargain.