Monday, March 31, 2008

Will he be bored?

I spoke with Stuntman's civilian boss recently. We work for the same company. His manager and coworkers are really anxious to have Stuntman return to work.
Stuntman is the type of guy that draws little attention to himself. He rarely, if ever, asks for help, but often helps out his coworkers. He tries to remain "under the radar" as much as possible. I don't think anyone realized just how much he did, until he left for the last year plus. Everyone has had to pick up more slack than they anticipated, even though they hired a temporary worker to help fill the gap. This does mean good job security for Stuntman though... at least his job is waiting for his return.

... but will he be bored with his civilian job when he returns?

3 comments:

Buck said...

... but will he be bored with his civilian job when he returns?

I wouldn't think so, but I'm speaking from supreme ignorance here...

Butterfly Wife said...

This is definitely something Jack Bauer and I have discussed a lot, and part of our decision to go Active Duty when he returns. But of course it depends on the man and his experience, I am sure. I hope he isn't bored.

Rookie Army National Guard Wife said...

Hi! I have been reading your blog for quite some time. Happy B-day by the way! I read faithfully every day when Stuntman was home to see what it was like to see them for a short time and then have to say goodbye again. That's what really bothers me about all this.....constantly saying goodbye. Anyway, time marches on and it helps to know that there are other wives out there that validate my feelings through all this. It honestly helps me not to feel so nuts! Thanks for being there.